Explain the Invisalign treatment process?
Invisalign treatment begins with an initial consultation to discuss the patient’s goals, examine their smile, and develop a customized treatment plan. The first appointment is also when we will take impressions and images of the patient’s teeth.
The impressions and images of the patient’s teeth are sent to an Invisalign lab, where they will create custom aligners. Once the aligners are made, we will invite the patient back to the office to receive their aligners.
Each aligner should be worn for at least 22 hours a day. The aligners are removable, so the patient can take them out to eat, brush, and floss. Once the patient completes their treatment, they will need to wear a retainer to maintain their newly straightened smile.
How do Invisalign aligners work?
Invisalign works by using a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. You wear a set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position.
You’ll visit us about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages nine to fifteen months, and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
Many patients prefer Invisalign because of its three main benefits:
- There are no food restrictions: If you wear traditional braces, it’s essential to avoid certain foods like hard and sticky ones. With Invisalign, however, you can eat and drink whatever you want, including apples, corn on the cob, caramel, or nuts.
- You can remove the aligners when necessary: Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want during treatment, plus brushing and flossing are less of a hassle. Besides, since the aligners are removable, you can take them out for special events, taking pictures, and meetings.
- They are aesthetically pleasing: Since the aligners are made from transparent dental-grade plastic material, it is easier to maintain a beautiful smile as the aligners are virtually invisible.
- Invisalign aligners are comfortable: Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than braces. You won’t have metal brackets or wires to irritate your mouth. Plus, the aligners are made of a smooth plastic that won’t irritate the inside of your mouth either.
What types of dental issues can Invisalign correct?
Invisalign aligners are an ideal, discreet, and fast treatment option to address several dental issues, including crowding and spacing issues and mild and moderate bite issues. However, if the bite issues are severe, traditional braces are recommended.
The Invisalign aligners can treat the following dental issues:
- Crowded or crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Gaps in between teeth
- Minor overbite, underbite, and crossbite
How long is the Invisalign treatment?
Treatment with Invisalign is usually shorter than traditional braces. However, treatment times will vary from patient to patient based on the following factors:
- The severity of the patient’s orthodontic issues.
- The cooperation of the patient.
- The patient’s commitment to wearing the aligners as instructed.
The treatment time can also be affected by how fast the patient’s teeth respond to the treatment. Invisalign users who have minor to moderate orthodontic issues tend to have shorter treatment times.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Invisalign is a dental treatment for mild orthodontic issues. Because it is a cosmetic treatment, insurance usually doesn’t cover it. The exact cost of Invisalign depends on your dental needs. In general, Invisalign treatment costs between $3,000 and $7,000.